NMSU Center for Academic Advising and Student Support to host virtual career success workshop series in July

New Mexico State University’s Center for Academic Advising and Student Support will host workshops for students on job hunting during COVID-19 pandemic. The 45-minute workshops will show students how to develop their brand, increase their skills through additional education and training that is being offered now at reduced or no cost, resources where they can identify employers who are still hiring, and resources for remote or work from home options. (Courtesy photo)

New Mexico State University’s Center for Academic Advising and Student Support will continue to host its virtual career success workshop series through the month of July. The workshops will aim to help students be prepared to enter the job market during the COIVD-19 pandemic.

The virtual workshop series will begin with “Conducting a Job Search in COVID-19,” where students will learn how to effectively tackle the job search in the age of COVID-19. They will learn how to use this time to market themselves to employers while they figure out their plans for handling recruiting and hiring during these unprecedented times.

This virtual workshop is scheduled for 4 p.m. on July 20.

The next workshop will be “Resumes and Cover Letters 2020,” an interactive workshop where students will discover the most effective way to align their accomplishments, skills and experiences for a great first impression.

This virtual workshop is scheduled for 1 p.m. on July 23.

A virtual interview tips workshop will follow, in which students will be given a number of steps they can take before and after the interview to ensure they make a terrific impression during the virtual interview.

This virtual workshop is scheduled for 11 a.m. on July 24.

The last workshop the will explore how students can build their profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn has more than 690 million users, which means nearly an unlimited supply of network connections and job opportunities. The virtual workshop will provide advice on beginning, intermediate and advanced LinkedIn profile development and management.

This virtual workshop is scheduled for 4 p.m. on July 27.

Students can register for the workshops in Handshake at https://nmsu.joinhandshake.com.

For more information or to make an appointment at alternate times, contact the Center for Academic Advising and Student Support Assistant Director Roseanne Bensley at 575-646-5374 or [email protected].