Los Aggies secure 12-3 win vs Benedictine Mesa

The New Mexico State Baseball team returned to their winning ways in a 12-3 win over the Benedictine Mesa Redhawks. The Aggies continue to be undefeated against the Redhawks. 

The Redhawks plated the first run in the top of the first. However, the Aggies quickly responded with an RBI from sophomore Kevin Jimenez that scored junior Brandon Dieter. Then NM State continued to put up runs without a response. 

The rally began in the third with a three-run home run by sophomore Logan Gallina. Then to continue the effort in the fourth sophomore Hunter Antillon and Dieter brought in two runs with a single and a sacrifice fly to put the Aggies up 6-1. NM State picked up four more runs in the fourth with a homerun from Gallina, a two-run single from redshirt sophomore Cal Villareal. 

In the sixth inning, the Redhawks finally squeezed in a run and then another in the eighth, but the Aggies were still dominating 10-3 by then. NM State added two more insurance runs from an RbI single from junior Edwuin Martinez-Pagani and an error by the Redhawk shortstop. NMSU held Benedictine Mesa there and the contest finished 12-3. 

Logan Gallina specifically put on an offensive show with two home runs and his twelfth of the season. This makes Gallina the first Aggie to record five or more RBI in a game. And now with 12 home runs, Gallina is tied at 30th nationally. 

The Aggies will now hit the road for their series against Seattle University Friday April 22 at 5 p.m. MT followed by Saturday’s games at 3 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m.