Letter to the Editor: NMSU Women’s Basketball in the Wrong

Editor’s Note: Letter to the Editor submissions do not necessarily reflect The Round Up or Student Media’s views towards certain subjects.

Former pro basketball player Camille LeNoir is suing New Mexico State University for faith-based discrimination. She was supposed to be an assistant coach for NMSU’s women’s basketball team, but the offer was rescinded when her conservative (disapproving) stance on homosexual activity became known.
     Many colleges in this country have been discriminating against conservatives and conservative speech for years, like by implementing bizarre, totalitarian, Orwellian “speech codes.”
     The legal group “FIRE (Foundation for Individual Rights in Education) – which defends conservative teachers and students who have been discriminated against by liberal bigots on various college campuses, could provide you with a lengthy list of such cases.  The civil rights of conservatives are under attack on many college campuses.
     And it’s no big secret many many professors are liberal.  Hopefully, students are aware of all the one-sided, liberal propaganda they are manipulatively being exposed to. (And hopefully, they are aware that they are essentially paying for liberal indoctrination in many cases, and are being cheated out of a decent education.) But I fear they are not.
     It would be nice to see students pushing for intellectual diversity on their campuses, and maybe even affirmative action for hiring a true minority on college campuses: conservative teachers. Until that happens, liberal college professors and administrators will feel free to continue to try to take advantage of their students, to indoctrinate them instead of educating them in order to impose their questionable values on them. That needs to change.
     Trump handily beat Clinton in part because a lot of decent moral people are getting really fed up with liberal judgmentalism, liberal self-righteousness, liberal name-calling, liberal violence and hate, liberal intolerance, liberal closed-mindedness, liberal bullying, liberal bigotry, and liberal discrimination.
     During Obama’s eight years as president, Republicans picked up around 1000 seats on the state level.  In other words, there are now about 1000 more Republican state senators and state house representatives than there were before Obama was first elected president.  (Thank you, Obama!)  More and more people are seeing liberals for the colossal hypocrites they really are and are soundly rejecting them.  That’s a good thing.

-Wayne Lela 

We value your opinions and views. We encourage all students, faculty, or local readers to submit what is on your mind regarding issues, policy, or current events. Please note these can be both anonymous and fully authored. To submit a Letter to the Editor, please click here.