COVID-19 Updates: March 30, 2020

Coronavirus+19+%28COVID-19%29+image.+

Stefanie Gutierrez

Coronavirus 19 (COVID-19) image.

Here’s what you need to know today according to the New Mexico Department of Health, the Office of Michelle Lujan Grisham and New Mexico State University officials. 

Around the State

• Cases have risen to 237 according to today’s report. Total tests administered are at 11,179. 
  • Two deaths have been reported by the NM DOH. The newest death involves a male in his 80s in Bernalillo County with multiple chronic underlying health conditions. The individual died Friday, March 27. 
  • The cases are located in Bernalillo County (101), Chaves County (8), Cibola County (2), Curry County (3), Dona Ana County (17), Eddy County (4), Lea County (2), McKinley County (9), Rio Arriba County (2), Roosevelt County (1), Sandoval County (18), San Juan County (22), San Miguel County (1), Santa Fe County (34), Socorro County (2), Taos County (9), Valencia County (2). 
  • Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham issued an executive order Friday March 27 for air-travelers coming into New Mexico to self-isolate for at least 14 – days to minimize the spread of the virus. 

Around NMSU

• Las Cruces Mayor Ken Miyagishima will be holding a City Council meeting available for live-stream at 2 p.m. to discuss coronavirus responses. 
  • NMSU online instruction began today to resume the spring semester. 
  • The NMSU Dean of Students released a student guide to navigating support services that are available through the remainder of the semester.