No, You Won’t Be Getting a Parking Ticket This Week

Jianna Vasquez

More stories from Jianna Vasquez

Dreaming at NMSU
October 10, 2017

Contrary to popular belief, NMSU students will not receive parking citations the first few days of school, giving students time to get their parking permits. So, if you have not gotten your parking sticker by the first day of school, don’t panic!

If you’re like freshman Rosa Quirino, you went to the University’s parking office only to find a line of students waiting to get their parking permits.

“It took like an hour,” Quirinio said. Quirinio did not know that parking citations would not be issued until the 22nd. She expressed her feelings and said she was a little angry that she did not know.

“I would have had more time to get it,” Quirinio said.

The Universities parking department will not start handing out parking citations until August 22.

“We are giving new students a chance to get oriented and buy permits,” said Auxiliary Operations Supervisor, Stella Harvey

So, if you haven’t had time to make your way to the parking office, don’t stress it just yet. You have three school days to park just about anywhere you want. This gives you time to worry about other things for school.

However, students need to have their parking stickers displayed on their vehicles by August 22.

“On the 22nd we begin to monitor parking and all regulations will apply,” Harvey said.

Parking permits for students cost $59.50 and our valid through August of 2018.

Students who are still needing their parking permits can avoid the line by purchasing their permit online and will receive their permit through the mail.

Here is the information that students will need have in order to purchase a parking permit online or in person at the parking office:

· Aggie ID

· License Plate Number

· Vehicle Year

· Make

· Model

The parking office is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Online forms can be found here.