Cheap Eats: Don’t Break the Bank

Money is tight for many college students and finding ways to save money is a crucial part of learning financial responsibility.

Fortunately, many restaurants have heard students pleas and have decided to cater to current students, who need a little saving. There are places all around the New Mexico State University area that help students with affordable meal deals.

Here are some deals offered:

Santorini’s on E. University, an authentic Greek restaurant who serves gyros, a dish made of various meats and cooked and served on flat bread or shawarma, a meat inspired dish that is grilled in a sandwich wrap and served with chips and a drink for $7.50. As long as you have a valid student ID, high school or NMSU student.

Solo’s Grab-and-Go on E. University is a newer option for the NMSU community. The family-styled restaurant, who serves nothing over $6 is an absolute win. From traditional green Chile quesadillas for $2.50 to brisket plates with a side, salad and a roll for $6. It’s all the delicious food you can eat, no student ID needed.

Zeffiro New York Pizzeria, is Las Cruces and NMSU’s spot for authentic New York styled pizza. This spot is the true definition of a little bit of NYC, with classic pizzas such as pepperoni and cheese to supreme pizzas with unlimited toppings. The best budget friendly deals they offer are, two slices of pizza and a drink or the one slice, a salad and small drink all for $5.90.

Caliche’s, known for their wide range of frozen custard doesn’t only have desserts, but some meal deals before your sweet tooth. Offering their $5.55 special of, two hot dogs with toppings of your choice and a large drink.

If these deals don’t hit your taste buds, you can also save money with discounts that take percentages off your overall cost. Such as receiving: 10 percent off at, IHOP on University, La Posta de Mesilla and Schlotzsky’s. 20 percent off, at Domino’s Pizza and 50 percent off at the Corner Deli.