Blake Shelton’s “Country Music Freaks” Tour Will Stop By Las Cruces

Pan American Center advertising the Blake Shelton concert that will be coming to NMSU in early 2018.

Country singer Blake Shelton will kick-off the 2018 year with his recently announced headlining tour, “Country Music Freaks” – which he will be making a stop in Las Cruces alongside Brett Eldredge, Carly Pearce and special guest Trace Adkins on February 17, 2018, at New Mexico State’s Pan American Center.

This upcoming tour will showcase Shelton’s latest project “Texoma Shore” that was released on November 3, 2017; this album is led by his top fan favorite “I’ll Name The Dogs.” For some, the announcement of Shelton coming to Las Cruces was a great surprise; causing an abrupt talk amongst students, and social media.

“I actually didn’t know he was coming until it was announced on the radio, while I was going to work,” freshman Lilian Martinez said. “I’m into old country rock, so this would be a great chance. I’ll definitely go.”

For others, country music isn’t their first choice when it comes to the music they’d listen to.

“I don’t really like country,” freshman, Valerie Ortiz said. “But, it’s cool we have such big names coming to Cruces.”

With Shelton coming to the NMSU area, many are venturing out and wanting to hear his music even if it is for the first time.  

“I don’t have much of an ear for classic country music,” freshman, Matthew Grant said. “But, it’s a new day and age, why not try something new.”

Hearing the announcement about the concert means having to pick out outfits, where and when you’ll get ready, what you are expecting, but most importantly – tickets. Being a college student, not everyone can break the bank for a concert ticket but, with it being right in the comfort of the NMSU area, you can cut down some costs such as, transportation and rooming.

“I’m glad it’s at the Pan Am,” said Grant. “Not only do I work there, but it’s closer to our rooms, so we can spend more time having fun, not having to worry about being any sort of late.”

The ticket sales for the Pan American Center will soon go on sale, ranging around $71 to $1000 dollars – depending on seating and what “package” was purchased. Tickets vary from general admission to VIP.

“The pricing isn’t unreasonable,” Martinez said. “It’s just a matter of who wants to go, and what people are willing to spend.”

Tickets for the February show run will go on sale on Nov. 10. American Express Card members can start to purchase tickets before the general public, beginning Friday, Nov. 3, 2017 through Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017