What to do over Winter Break

Campus+will+have+very+few+people+as+students+and+faculty+let+out+for+Winter+Break.+
Campus will have very few people as students and faculty let out for Winter Break.

Zack Jimenez

Zack Jimenez

Most college students eagerly await for Winter Break, as a welcome back from the college life. Whether students are adjusting the the college scene, or falling behind – the break from school is much needed.

“I’m looking forward to this break,” freshman Caleb Davis said. “Finals week has been stressful, and I’m ready for the holly jolly spirit to kick in.

Finals week will soon come to an end and break will be in full session. While there is some value in getting sleep and resting up after exams over the holidays, it’s really easy to get lazy mode – sitting around doing nothing for days, there are other important things you can do to cancel out the laziness.

“The only thing I really like hate about break is not being able to do things,” freshman, Vanessa Perez said. “I feel like everything is on a time crunch, and then I get super lazy.”

From going back home to road trips out of state – the opportunities for a stress free break are endless. Students are packing up and heading out as finals wind down.

“I’m staying in Las Cruces for a couple weeks, before heading up to Albuquerque to visit family,” freshman Samantha Moreno said. “Deming will be my next stop before heading home – this break is full of traveling.”

On the NMSU campus, students come from all over parts of the world to study. But, sometimes going home is a lot harder than coming back.

“I can’t leave anywhere yet,” freshman, Ashley Clark said. “Living in Texas isn’t very far, but flights fill up quickly and I am usually left scrambling to find seats.”

For students that aren’t leaving for break or plan to leave but don’t have plans once they leave – some activities you can do are to apply for scholarships and financial aid, save up money for Christmas/holiday gifts, get in touch with old friends and family and let them know how you’re doing, or even start a new series on Netflix.

“I’m planning on going home, and trying to teach myself how to bake,” freshman, Jessica Azcarate said. “It’s not really fun, but I’m trying to get away from Easy Bake ovens and turn to real ovens.”

No matter what students plan on doing this holiday season, they should make it memorable – finals are over and so is the semester, so they get a month of vacation before coming back and starting the Spring semester up.

1 Comment

One Response to “What to do over Winter Break”

1. Neha Rawat on December 9th, 2017 12:02 am

Hello Admin,
    It is very nice that your blog is providing information regarding the program that is really helpful for the community and students.
    We also want to draw your attention towards George Rodrigue Foundation of the Arts Art Contest. All junior and senior students can apply.
    Application Deadline: January 19, 2018
    get more information through the given link: https://www.developingcareer.com/george-rodrigue-foundation-of-the-arts-art-contest/
    You can also check our homepage for other latest updates. The link is: http://www.developingcareer.com/

[Reply]

• What to do over Winter Break

NMSU’s Concrete Canoe Team head to nationals after win at regional competition

• What to do over Winter Break

ASNMSU hosts Spring Fling 2018

• What to do over Winter Break

Video: Are NMSU students working hard or hardly working

• What to do over Winter Break

Animal companionship classes offered at NMSU

• What to do over Winter Break

News and Culture Podcast: Chancellor search, NMSU politics

• What to do over Winter Break

New Mexico State officially identifies two-finger pistol as school-spirit hand sign

• What to do over Winter Break

NMSU unveils new Pepsi Spire machine

• What to do over Winter Break

NMSU’s Greek Week wraps up

• What to do over Winter Break

15th annual ‘Big Event’ set to take place April 14

• What to do over Winter Break

‘Down the Rabbit Hole’ play sheds light on Parkinson’s Disease

What to do over Winter Break